OBIS OceanTeacher Consultancy
CLOSED, Call for applications, 2-month OTGA/OBIS consultancy contract to develop OBIS training packages
IOC-UNESCO's IODE/OBIS project office is inviting applications for an OTGA consultancy contract during July-August 2017 to develop OBIS training modules in the OceanTeacher moodle training platform. The contract is covered by the OceanTeacher Global Academy Project (OTGA).
OVERVIEW OF THE TASKS
Under the overall authority of the Executive Secretary of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO and the direct supervision of the OBIS project manager and in close consultation with the OceanTeacher Coordinator, the consultant will be responsible to develop the contents of the following 4 training modules in the OceanTeacher Moodle training platform before 15 September 2017:
- OBIS-ENV-DATA standards
- OBIS QC tools (+ taxon match)
- IPT (data publishing in DwC-A)
- OBIS R-package (data analysis + visualization)
Each module should consist of:
- Theoretical background
- Short how-to video tutorials and demos
- Exercises and (online) tests
- Advanced university degree in marine and/marine biology sciences, informatics, or a closely related field, with at least ten years subsequent relevant experience.
- At least 2 years experience managing and developing, including design of training courses for international audiences in an online learning environment, preferably Moodle based.
- Demonstrable experience with the training topics mentioned above.
- Fluent in speaking/writing English; knowledge of other UNESCO official languages is an asset
- Experience of the use of webinars as part of online training courses
- Experience working in an international environment, or with organizations providing international e-learning training.
Proposals should be sent by Saturday 20 May 2017 (23:59 CET) to Mr Ward Appeltans by email email@example.com.