OBIS Capacity Development Task Team (TrainingTT)
Chair: Leen Vandepitte (EurOBIS)
The OBIS Capacity Development Task Team (OBIS-TrainingTT) was established at the 2nd OBIS Steering group meeting in 2012, and was initially called the OBIS Documentation and Training Task Team. The TrainingTT is mainly responsible for the OBIS Manual and the organization of training courses (see list of meetings below).
Terms of Reference of the OBIS-TrainingTT
- To provide training, guidelines and best practices for OBIS node managers in order to ensure a timely delivery of the best available quality datasets to iOBIS.
- To provide training to scientists to access and correctly interpret data from OBIS for scientific analysis to support spatial and resource management and policy making.
- OceanTeacher: Marine Biogeographic Data Management (contributing and using OBIS), 30 November - 4 December 2015, Oostende, Belgium
- OceanTeacher: OBIS Nodes Technical Training Course, 5-9 May 2014, Oostende, Belgium
- ODINAFRICA Training Course on Marine Biodiversity Data Management, 17-21 March 2014, Oostende, Belgium
- ODINAFRICA Marine Biodiversity workshop, 10-14 September 2012, Salambo, Tunisia